2022 Spring Field Day
Field Day will be June 6-7 in historic Mound Bayou and Cleveland, Mississippi in conjunction with Alcorn State University’s School of Agriculture and Extension service. The meeting is open to all and registration for the 2-day event is $25.
The schedule will begin on Monday, June 6th at 1:00 PM at the Alcorn Demonstration Farm in historic Mound Bayou, Mississippi for demonstrations and a regenerative farming education session lead by Mike Lewis, Sustainable Agriculture Specialist, National Center for Appropriate Technology.
The Alcorn Demonstration Farm is located at 294 Granger Dorsey Road, Mound Bayou, Mississippi 38762.
Later that evening, in the city of Cleveland at The West End District’s Farmhouse Table Restaurant, we’ll have a come as you are reception/dinner that begins with a cash bar at 5:30. We expect to serve some tasty treats from Mississippi’s own Carla Boyd who is the founder of HempWay Foods for some appetizers. We’ll also hear from Sarah Nichols with SJ Labs and Analytics on how to choose the best lab for testing your hemp.
The next morning we’ll have our State of the State of Hemp Conference (also at The West End District) from 8:00-12:00. Current speakers who have committed to attend are:
- Jacob Waddell, Executive Director of the US Hemp Building Association
- Mike Lewis = Sustainable Agriculture Specialist, National Center for Appropriate Technology.
- Dr. David Cornett – Chief Agronomist, NHGC
- Dr. Edmund Buckner – Dean and Director of the School of Agriculture and Applied Sciences at Alcorn State University
- Bill Richmond, Chief of the USDA Hemp Production Program
- Joy Beckerman – Hemp Ace International
- Patrick Flaherty – PF Design Lab
- Carla Boyd – HempWay Foods
- Jonathan Miller – US Hemp Roundtable
Other speakers have been invited so check back to see more details once they confirm.
For hotel accommodations, there are several rooms available under special rates for The Lyric Hotel at the West End District. You can click this link to make reservations. Please be aware the room block is available on a first come, first serve basis.